Monday, July 4, 2016

Freedoms-4th of July-God bless America

FREEDOMS - 4TH of JULY - GOD BLESS AMERICA

"Happy 4th of July!"

When you read that greeting, what comes to your heart's mind?
What are your plans for the day? How will you celebrate our nation's freedoms?

My mind goes to several areas... where we, as America, came from... where we are now... and where we're headed. I also think back to when I was in school; We began each day with prayer and the pledge of allegiance followed with singing, "God bless America" and/or "The Star Spangled Banner". I must confess, this year my heart is heavy. With that in mind, I go to the best history book of all time for truth, justice, encouragement and direction, The Bible. Below are a few of the scriptures I'm reading today as we celebrate our nation's freedoms. May God bless you this day!

Freedom and freedom from fear:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" 
2 Corinthians 3:17
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage" Psalm 33:12
"I will set my eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up, and not tear them down; I will plant them, and not pluck them up. I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart." Jeremiah 24:6-7
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" Jeremiah 29:11
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
“Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don’t be afraid! God is coming to your rescue…” Isaiah 35:4
The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 2 Timothy 4:18

Ohhhhhh there are more!
Praying for you... praying and giving thanks this day for the many freedoms we enjoy. May God bless you and may God bless America!


Yours for living well,

Coach Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment